Monday, November 30, 2009

Dark Angel and Undiscovered Treasure

The devil hangs out in the dark, red-velvet, candlelit dressing rooms of rock concerts. I can assure you, as a Jonas Brothers fan wearing pink Hannah Montana panties under my hard-shell rocker outfit, it was the scariest place I've ever been. After that experience, I knelt down to my Tiger Beat centerfolds, shed some tears, and thanked my sweet Jonases. Team Halo! The angels sitting on fluffy clouds aren't singing "Sweet Cherry Pie" (I assume), but some day there will be one. Gather around the 'puter screen for the story of the halo-wearing rocker...

Once upon a 2009, lives a rock angel in fairy tale stone house in a mystical land 20 minutes outside Baltimore. He has well-fed Cullen eyes of pure amber rimmed with black coal and a smile Tom Cruise would envy. When the light shines through his long, golden brown curls, heaven makes an appearance on earth. When he opens his mouth to sing, all the townspeople throw their hands up in praise and...bang their heads. This, people, is Mike Ruocco of Cinder Road. The third and final Supreme Being as declared by me and Blondie Woods.
^I'm beginning to worry myself.
Cinder Road's stage show is masterful. Mike's idea is to throw back to the age of arena rock. They want to infuse the glam again with pyro, lights, and guyliner. Perhaps it can be thought of as a hetero-version of Adam Lambert...*whispers* perhaps. Take guitars, add a sweet pop vocal (yum yum), mix in some hooks, and you've got yourself some delicious, hot Cinder Road. You'll feel like you're at a Def Leppard concert in the 80's. Teased hair, red lips, and black leather are optional, but I would encourage it 'cause it's universally flattering. I'm actually not joking.


"Should Have Known Better" was the 2nd single off their "Superhuman" album. It's one of those CDs you can listen to straight through without hitting the skip button. Buy it on iTunes!
It's hard to pick, but my two favorite tracks are "Feels So Good" and "Back Home To You." (See below) These two rank among my top 5 fave songs of all time, so once again I'm getting serious. Holy crap! I'm so passionate right now! I'm shoveling in leftover macaroni and cheese because I frustratingly can't find words to describe this. I want to sit down with every person in the world blessed with ears and promote the shitocki mushrooms out of my favorite band! (Hanson and C.R. have been tied for years.) When Cinder Road opened for Daughtry in the spring of 2007, they blew baldie off the stage. Sorry, Chris-erz. Heart u. No band deserves to live out their sold-out-arena-dreams more than Mike and the gang. If you like what you hear, please support them!


*Sigh* I'm done. Resume your life.
xoxo *heart* *heart* :) Cosmo Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment